Tic ... tac ... In the shadows ... a new door in time has just opened! giving way to an unhealthy presence with anguished aura, moaning like an animal on the verge of death. Behind her, the crack of time reveals only a red blood color giving off a dreadful heat, from which come strident cries. Her broken body broke loose from the blood ties that held her.
So most of the time they just exchange a look and a smile before leaving each other on their own.
Suddenly, while Damian reads quietly a book on the bench of the yard near the green space where all the pupils gather for lunch, Fienne arises before him and calls to him:
- Hey Damian!
Damian jumps his book falls to the ground.
- Ah ... sorry for scaring you! (Damian picks up his book) Are you aware that there is a Japanese party in the park on Wednesday night? Why not ask Mom to take us there? He offers, tendering the prospectus to Damian who examines it. With a shrug, he answers:
- Why not, it'll take me out a bit!
Suddenly, a warning cry Damian. It comes from the class. He rushes and sees two big fellows annoy Dalia, frightened. So, my little one, do not you want to play with us? One of them insists with a perverse look, holding out his hand to Dalia in tears. Damian can not stand to see his sister crying.
He squeezes his teeth and without thinking grabs a chair and sends it on the catwalk. A foul feeling of hatred compresses her heart. The chair violently hits the head of the guy, whose forehead begins to bleed. Dalia hides behind Damian.
He begins to hit the scoundrel with the chair several times before stopping, out of breath. While striking, he believed reliving the action of a person similar to him! So, he drops his weapon, exhausted and at the end of his anger. So you, the pirate (reference to his blindfold) you signed your death warrant! He yells the thug mad with rage at being hit. Here he is approaching in Damian's crab, a knife in his hand, he brandishes it violently and ... before he touches Damian, Angèle comes up suddenly ... and the rusty blade of the cutter pierces his hand.
Blood beads flow on the ground under the eyes of Damian who in his head sees his mother die before his eyes. Angèle moans.
Damian's eyes fill with a blank glare. Offenders are immediately frightened as Damian approaches them, but before he makes the slightest gesture, Angèle intercepts and begs, with tears in his eyes:
- Damian stop, I beg you, do not fight!
It is then that Aélig enters the scene and sees the bloody hand of her sister. In fury, she pushes him away from Damian and shouts, slapping him:
- You swelling! Do not be afraid to come near my sister again!
- No ! Wait, Aélig! Angèle intervenes, do not accuse him, it is not for nothing, I swear!
So, brutally, Damian catches his little sister in his arms and turns on his heels, his face dark.
- Damian! Angèle calls her saddened that he is upset by Aélig's accusations. He does not answer and prefers to leave, taking his little sister away from conflict.
When Angèle and Aélig are alone:
- You were unfair with Damian, he did not do anything and now, I'm sure he's mad at me! Cry Angèle, furious, to her sister.
She fears that Damian does not like him anymore, after this incident.
- But I warned you, Angèle ! Affirms Aélig keeping calm, I have no confidence in Damian that you love so much! And why do not you trust him? Angèle, expresses her fury by raising her voice.
- What's so strange, his behavior? Aélig tries to calm her down, and asks her to speak less loudly to avoid being scolded by the neighbors.
- I have my reasons for not trusting him! Is it justified?
- Damian is very strange for me, I know he's hiding something, but I can not put my finger on it, it's too well hidden and it seems powerful. The problem is that sometimes it gets so weak that it's almost impossible to distinguish anything ... It's far from normal!
Aélig has no answer to his questions, which go round in circles in his head.
- But what is the relationship with me in this case? Quest Angèle, made curious by the strange arguments of his sister.
This one, with folded arms, expresses itself clearly:
- The report is that I'm afraid it's a danger for you Angèle! I don't know if you've noticed, but you're way too nice, and I've heard that people in this world can use the kindness of the weak to achieve their ends. We are in a cruel world. I do not want anything to happen to you, that's why I protect you so much!
Angèle sighs with exasperation and murmurs, somewhat jealous:
- Say rather that you want to be the only one of us to have a boyfriend! Aélig blushed suddenly.
- But that has nothing to do with our conversation! She exclaims, embarrassed. And I do not see why you say that?
Angèle feels a warmth invade her by thinking of Damian and his feeling for him. She stinks:
- Because I ... (Aélig crosses his arms with an impatient look) say that I like Damian a lot, he's a rather cute boy on the whole, he's also someone very calm and very endearing. I do not think he's mean, as you think, and then I must admit that I feel safe by his side, I trust him and I would like to preserve that feeling for him ...
Aélig widens his eyes wide in front of his sister's confession. She interrupts him, surprised:
- Wait, I'll stop you right now! Would you be telling me that you're in love with Damian?
Angèle feels her cheeks warm, she nods with a sheepish smile. Aelig can not take any more of this story. She gives up, resigned herself to accepting the love her sister feels for Damian. Although she is still wary of him.
In the middle of the night in the Tsubaki house, the family sleeps peacefully. But Damian is agitated.
The silence of his room is disturbed by a dull voice, of which he does not understand a single word; he hears shrieks, tears, lamentations, a hated soul, and sinister laughter ... All these whisperies make him sick to the point of making him moan.
- Damian? Damian, wake up! Calls her sister, alerted again.
At last he wakes up abruptly with a terrible migraine.
- Alexia? ... Damian wonders. What are you doing here ?
Alexia justifies herself:
- I heard you moaning from my room! Are you fine ?
- I just have a simple headache, it'll be fine! Damian reassures her to avoid worrying her.
- Ok ... she sighs. Notify me if you need help! and she goes back to her room.
Damian goes back to sleep, and it's a child's laugh that accompanies him now in his sleep.
But at six in the morning, the voice begins to haunt the boy again. Again he fidgets in his bed. His wounded eye burns him, lamentations whistling in his ears trigger a painful headache.
Now it's time to get ready to go to school and Julie comes to wake up Damian.
When she sees the large dark circles under her eyes, she touches his forehead and finds that it is hot. The thermometer goes up to 39.2 °.
- Well, you better not go to school today!
- Big Brother ! Mumble Dalia worried.
He puts his hand on the head of his little sister and reassures her with a smile.
- Do not worry about me, we'll see each other tonight!
That's when Fienne begins to whine:
- Oh no ! you do not have the right to be sick today, it's the Japanese party tonight and I wanted you to come with me! Damian sighs, exasperated, and reassures him in his own way, exhausted by his squeals:
- Stop complaining for five minutes, please! I will come with you tonight but for now, I would like to rest. We agree ? Fienne sighs and throws, before running to dress:
- Don't betray your promise!
When the kid took off his pajama jacket, Damian saw the same network of black veins in Fienne's lower back as those on his stomach.
The day passes slowly. Damian still has not managed to sleep. He is afraid of being haunted again by these strange lamentations. And something mysterious worries him, he opens the curtains of his room and looks out the window, his blindfold in his hand. An unknown atmosphere awakens veiled suspicions in him, and he murmurs: " I do not know who you are, but you are certainly not an ally! He lies down on his bed to rest, and now his eye starts to shine under the soft cloth of his headband. Damian can not move! Her breathing accelerates strangely as if a hooked hand had grabbed her throat and squeezed it to the choking.
In his head, scroll the images of Fienne ...
The Japanese holiday opens its doors, many visitors come to stroll with their families. Damian joined his family taking the hand of his little sister dressed in a pretty red kimono.
- It's an excellent choice young man, I'm sure your girlfriend will be delighted to get such a present! Damian thanks him and puts the gift in his jacket pocket.
It was then that he met Aélig, making his way through the crowd. She seems on the alert, turning her head to the right, to the left:
- Are you looking for someone? She jumps and catches him by the arm.
- That's exactly what I was looking for! Then she leads him abruptly to the stage of the show.
The spectators scream with impatience, confetti springs from the scene, the lights shine a thousand colors. At the center of the stage, the dancers move aside to make way for a single dancer dressed in a beautiful white kimono decorated with cherry blossoms.
She dances gracefully, moving like an angel ready to fly, and when the time comes for the fireworks, Damian recognizes Angèle.
The two exchange a brief glance, and now, at the last dance step, Angèle jumped from the scene and in his flight, his lips are on the Damian.
It is all returned but is carried away by the sweetness of the moment. Then, before she departs, he hooks on the white hair of Angèle the rose he has won and whispered in his ear:
- The red marries so well with you!
And under the cheers of the crowd, Angèle returns to the stage with a graceful leap backwards and bows to thank the spectators for staying until the end of the show. The audience then asks the young dancer to sing for them to celebrate the event. The instruments score some notes and Angèle intones her serenade ...
He has already heard this song somewhere ... But his thoughts are interrupted, we call him.
- Damn it ! The dancer kissed you, you were so lucky! exclaims Fienne, slapping him on the back. Damian, embarrassed, feels himself blushing.
- Well, well, I did not know you had a girlfriend? Julie asks in an amused tone.
More and more uncomfortable, Damian feels an unhealthy heat invade his skull. He begins to moan. Alexia puts her hand on her brother's forehead:
- Oh no, his fever is coming back, he must be brought home!
Suddenly, Aélig rushes to warn Damian that Angèle has suddenly disappeared! Damian brutally perceives the powerful aura of the afternoon, which seems to come from the forest, then, without explaining anything, he grabs Aélig's hand and runs towards the forest.
He knows that the girl has experienced the same thing as him. All current, they perceive two female voices singing together, one of them is that of Angèle
Damian and Aélig enter the forest, alerted by the mournful lamentations.
- That's all you can do? taunts the girl, making a disappointed pout. On his side Damian does not react, his face is dark and he seems to wait for something! You'll see if that's all I can do! roared Aelig, letting himself be overcome by fury.
Other spheres, this time of blue color, form in her hands and generate a powerful breath that lifts her hair, discovering her white eye that starts to shine. Then all of a sudden, a long blue ray springs towards the girl, who from a wave of black magic deviates the attack that will crash against a tree. Aélig gave all she could.
Running out of power, she collapses.
- Not bad your powers, recognizes the stranger with a whistle. I did not think you would be so good at mastering heavenly magic in a place like this. But I would have preferred a little more power!
She seized Aélig by the throat and the plate against a tree, showing a black blade.
- Poor girl you make me almost sorry! With a quick gesture, she takes the momentum and directs dangerously his weapon towards Aélig.
Instantly, Damian shivers and pulls himself together. He rushes in, grabs the hand of the girl trying to free herself, surprised to have been intercepted as easily
- Damian? ... pronounced Aélig surprise.
Damian and the girl scrape their eyes. Scarlet red eyes send spurts of hatred. Damian blocks his wrist to prevent him from stabbing Aélig.
Suddenly an expression of stupor appears on the face of the girl, she sees the eye of Damian wide open in front of his discovered shoulder ...
Black veins, similar to those on his belly, appeared on the injured shoulder! Surprised, Damian lets go, and the other side is also amazed to find out who she has in front of her!
They both remain open-mouthed.
- So it's you ! She whispers.
Then Damian recalls the same drawing on Dalia's forehead, and the one in Fienne's lower back, he does not know what to think ... What does it mean?
But she recovered her spirits. She gives Damian one last look, before stabbing him in the stomach. Damian feels his blood gush from his mouth and pierced belly. A black liquid mixes with his blood, his forces escape with the dark flow, he collapses ... His enemy sighs:
- In this way I will be able to take you. So, I can have peace, while you ... You will perish in the shadows, damn "chosen"! On her side Aélig can not do anything, she is still on her knees trying to catch her breath while Damian is dying.
How vulnerable they are!
The girl is about to give the coup de grace when she is interrupted a second time by the arrival of shattering Alexia, alerted by the unhealthy presence. She violently pushes the pig with a white scepter decorated with a dragon.
The power of the scepter hurts the girl, who remains on the ground, dripping with blood.
- Good game ! she congratulates with contempt.
- Who are you ? Asked Alexia, threatening. To appear harmless the girl makes disappear her weapon and addresses to Alexia in a gracious way.
- Are you Alexia Light if I'm not mistaken? Yes there is no doubt, it is you, a white hair, brown eyes, the same expression in the eyes, and this powerful mania to protect the weakest! Alexia glares at herself while interfering to protect her little brother.
- I did not ask you for a description of me, interrupts Alexia furiously. I asked you who you are, so answer!
- I beg you to forgive my lack of politeness. My name is Delphine Ayame!
- How dare you take our name filthy monster! screamed Aelig ready to jump on Delphine, alas it dodges and repels Aelig with a kick. To defend it Alexia counter-attacks by catching him by the throat.
- Damn demon! Alexia growls furiously. I'll make you pay for it! Delphine then shows a face without emotion. The word '' demon '' looks like a sword of Damocles over the head! She replies brutally:
- You're not an '' chosen '' you do not interest me and if I were you, I would worry more about my little brother in danger than my enemy, if you know what I mean! Alexia, suddenly trembling, turns her eyes to Damian motionless on the floor, and before she can react, Delphine manages to move away and escape into a cloud of black smoke. Immediately, Alexia comes to her little brother, she takes him on his lap. He breathes weakly, the pain discolored his cheeks. She wants to stop the bleeding, and is surprised to see the network of black veins suck the blood become ebony color.
Back home, a doctor came to examine Damian, but checking the heartbeat of his patient, a long sigh escaped him.
- What's going on doctor? worries Alexia, the doctor puts his instruments in his bag, announcing with sadness:
- My apologies ... There is nothing I can do to counter this devastating poison, this young boy will die in a short time!
A terrible shock hits the entire family. Dalia, Julie and Alexia burst into tears as Fienne unleashed her rage screaming and spilling everything in her path. The doctor left, the family gathered with Damian for his last moments. The young man is immersed in unconsciousness inside a dark and scary place. The voices of the members of his family resound like a rumor in his head, time does not exist anymore, his eyes are blind, lamentations murmur deep in his soul, the heat of the poison burns inside his body, his organs slowly weaken until they go out one after the other. His breathing and his heart are slowing down ...
Damian will succumb!
While everything seems lost, Alexia collapses on the still body of her little brother and begs heaven to save him ... Mysteriously, ... his prayers are heard.
A strange aura will soporific sleep Tsubaki family except Alexia who sees emerging at the window, a girl with black hair, white skin and scarlet eyes rather threatening.
- It's you ? she murmurs, surprised.
The girl does not answer and jumps on the floor.
- You answered my calls that's why you're here is not it? Alexia asks the girl.
The latter settles on Damian!
- Yes Miss ! I, Lisa, have heard your distress calls, so I have run up to here! Who is responsible for all this? she asks, fixing Damian. At this question, Alexia remembers that melancholy, scarlet-eyed face in front of her, giving them and her brother a menacing look.
Her teeth tighten and she squeaks:
The girl's eyebrows are frowning in annoyance, as she takes care of Damian by planting her hair with blood in the black veins of her navel, which come into connection.
- You want to talk about this damn demon that normally Azur had to capture? Lisa wonders before remembering the power of the latter.
- I understand better now your condition! The little girl expresses herself with disgust, because she despises the demons, whoever they are. Who is Azur? Alexia asks.
Lisa begins to suck up all the rotten blood with poison to replace it with pure blood that can regenerate the vital organs.
- Azure is one of the Island of Wind warriors installed in the sky of our defiled realm! she explains, annoyed, remembering:
- This boy was responsible for finding this girl, Delphine. Alas, he was stupid enough to let her escape to this world where you had taken refuge. So I was sent to investigate this devil the second she fled here, then to hear from the two people who had been sent here long ago! After this brief explanation, Lisa approaches Damian's ear and murmurs:
- I forbid you to die!
Then, freed from the grip of Delphine's poison, little by little Damian begins to breathe again, he regains color and his heart throbs again in rhythm. Lisa carefully examines the black veins of Damian that swell slightly. When she thinks Damian is saved, the girl wants to make sure he's still asleep to leave. Hold on ! Alexia stops him. The little girl turns around.
- Yes ?
- What should we do against Delphine? Alexia asks, worried about her brother.
The girl's face darkens ... She retorts coldly:
- Don't approach her! Simply, if you do not provoke it, it will not hurt you. She may be a demon, she does not try to eliminate you, what's more, she is not our prey, someone else will take care of her, do not interfere with that! One thing before I leave ... Beware of shadows! (Alexia jumps in terror at the girl's grim tone). They prepare something and that is necessarily Damian. Do not hesitate to call me by breaking this talisman!
And she throws him a talisman teardrop. Alexia slips the talisman around her brother's neck and when she raises her head, the girl disappeared through the window from which she had come.
It was then that Damian began to cough loudly before waking up abruptly. Alexia comes to him to help him recover.
- How are you ? she asks, worried.
- I have a terrible migraine ... I saw things ... he whined, still terrified. This martyred soul in a chaotic place where the light shines nowhere, sadistic laughter that I heard, those distant tears, blood everywhere ... and this black shadow behind me! It was a nightmare! Alexia hugs him to calm him down.
Meanwhile in a dark place where darkness reigns. In a big black tower are four dark women. Delphine enters without knocking.
- Hey, look who's coming back from humans! exclaims one of the girls, sitting on the edge of a window.
- So Delphine did you do what I asked you? then ask the taller one - sitting on a purple throne decorated with black chains.
- Yes I did it ! Approves Delphine, exhausted by her intervention in the world of humans; but I did not kill him!
Then another girl, nonchalantly lying in a hammock, sarcastically adds:
- Oh you exaggerate Delphine! You never make the pleasure last, that's why you're so pampered!
- Sorry to disappoint you, but sadism is not part of my personality, compared to you, Clotilde, who are a miserable bourrelle! she replies with disdain to Delphine, who knows well the sadistic tastes of her comrade. The latter, insulted, gets up quickly, menacingly.
- I beg your pardon ?
- Stop, you break my ears! intervenes the oldest while sighing, exasperated by the tensions between the two girls.
- To be sincere, Your Highness, he disappointed me! Delphine crossed her arms with a contemptuous air.
- Why did he disappoint you my pretty? asks the eldest, puzzled. Continue and avoid stopping!
- I didn't think he would restrain himself after I eliminated that white-haired girl he seemed to particularly like. While I felt in him a very great power, but I do not have the impression that he used it recently. If you want my opinion, he does everything possible to get rid of his true identity by behaving like a human ordinary! Lightning flashes of anger illuminate the look of the shadow that snaps fingers suddenly.
- Thank you for your information Delphine!
Then, looking in turn at the girls around her:
- My dear, I let you go into the world of humans to tickle our target a little and remind him who he is! You can also make him suffer a little, but above all, bring him back to me alive! ... Alive! Including ! exclaim in chorus the girls leaving the tower by the window, like a flight of black crows ... The oldest remains on his throne and murmurs :
- I can't wait to see you again ... Damian Light! ...